Woodside Fire Protection District operates three fire stations and serves a population of 25,000 with one Fire Chief, one Deputy Fire Chief, four Battalion Chiefs, nine Fire Captains, a Fire Marshal, a Deputy Fire Marshal, 33 Firefighter and Firefighter Paramedics, an Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, a Public Education Specialist/Cerpp Coordinator, a Finance Manager, a HR/Benefits Manager and one Excutive Administrator. Staffing is divided into three, shifts with 15 personnel on each shift. Shift personnel work a 48/96 schedule.
It is the mission of the Woodside Fire Protection District to protect life, property and the environment through prevention, education, preparedness, and emergency response.
- We are here to serve our community.
- We treat all persons with compassion, respect, and dignity.
- We apply the highest standard of excellence to the delivery of emergency and non-emergency services.
- We see change as an opportunity to improve.
- We promote honesty, integrity, loyalty, and credibility.
- We place a high value on public education regarding fire and life safety.
- We believe that excellence is achieved by a commitment to ongoing learning and growth, and we support our employees in these endeavors.
- We believe our proper conduct is a course of pride to our community and ourselves.
- We take pride in our most important resources, our people, our equipment, and our situations.
- We are committed to being leaders and setting the standard in every aspect of our profession.
Our Core Values
- Excellence, Respect, Integrity
- Professionalism, Accountability, Honor
- High Standards, Enthusiasm, Commitment
- Dedication, Enjoying Our Work, Self-Discipline