Woodside Fire News
With the onset of summer months comes increased wildfire risk. As temperatures peak, humidity drops and the summer winds blow, the potential for wildland fires grows exponentially. Despite the efforts of the fire services, many homes are lost each year due to wildland and wildland urban interface fires. It is imperative that you prepare now to protect your home from such occurrences.
To assist homeowners and residents with creating Defensible Space, we have added several useful videos to our Defensible Space page.
A new state law went into effect on July 1, 2011, requiring all California homeowners with an attached garage or fossil fuel source to install a carbon monoxide detector. Follow this link and read the article for information from the State Fire Marshals Office.
According to CalFire, 90% of all California homes are without carbon monoxide detectors, a device that saves lives. Fuel fired appliances, such as cooking stoves, heaters, and gas dryers can produce this odorless gas without the homeowner knowing it. When these appliances aren’t working properly, they can give off deadly amounts of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and tasteless, so it’s easy to ignore the warning signs.